Thrivent Financial 19th Annual Cross Country Grade School Challenge
Hosted by Wisconsin Lutheran College
Friday, October 13, 2017
Greenfield Park, West Allis, Wis.
- Include each runners home address
- The email address of the first runner you register will be your email address
- Entering the runners Grade is the numerical number. ie. 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8
- Please be consistent with each entry when entering the School Representing section.
- Location question is: Your City
The Grade School Challenge began in 1999 to offer grade school runners a championship event. The hope is that the excitement and sense of accomplishment in qualifying for and participating in an event like this will keep grade school runners interested in the sport of cross country. It is also a fund-raising and community outreach event for the cross country teams at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
Participants are Lutheran grade school cross country runners from throughout Wisconsin and northern Illinois, as well as other public and private grade schools from throughout the greater Milwaukee area. Participants must qualify for the event as a team or as an individual.
ABOUT THE GREENFIELD PARK COURSE
This cross country course is a familiar one for many local runners. Overall, the course is flat with occasional rough footing in the woods, but a picturesque course nonetheless, especially in the fall. The course begins on the southwest corner of the park with a gradual incline toward the north. It then winds back toward the starting line through a small line of trees. At that point, it continues along the service road, where the first mile is at the back end of the parking lot, and continues through the woods on rolling trails. The final 200 meters bring runners back to the starting area with streamers, a finish line banner, finish line clock and the enthusiastic crowd cheering.
INDIVIDUALS AND TEAMS MUST QUALIFY TO COMPETE
- Individuals who have placed in the top 40% of a 7th and 8th grade race in the 2014 cross country season.
- Teams can have maximum of eight runners that have competed in a 7th and 8th grade race and placed in the top 40% in the meets final team standings.
- If your school has four individual qualifiers you may bring a team of eight runners. The eight can be of any grade combination, but four of the eight MUST have
qualified as individuals.
- 4th, 5th and 6th grade runners can qualify to compete if they have placed in the top 40% of a 7th and 8th grade race, or run times that would have placed them
in the top 40% of the 7th and 8th grade race, or if they are part of a team that qualified.
Girls' Race 5 p.m.; Boys' Race 5:30 p.m.
QUALIFIED TEAMS AND SCORING
Eight runners maximum per school. First four scoring.
1.85 mile course for both girls and boys
$10 per runner. Entry includes a T-shirt. Please make checks payable to Wisconsin Lutheran College.
Medals to top 25 finishers and trophies to top four teams in each race.
DIRECTIONS TO THE PARK
The cross country course start/finish area is located on Lincoln Avenue and approximately 123rd Street. Exit off I-894 at Greenfield Avenue. Turn west onto Greenfield Avenue. Turn left (south) onto 124th Street to Lincoln Avenue. Turn left (east) onto Lincoln Avenue. The park entrance and parking lot is the first left.
Contact Coach Steve Travis at Wisconsin Lutheran College with any questions. He can be reached at 414.443.8872 or email@example.com.