Show Your Spirit
Your Warrior Club membership provides support for more than 300 student-athletes (33% of WLC's student body) who participatein 18 NCAA Division III varsity sports, cheerleading, and dance. Your donation assists WLC with the costs associated with:
• Unfunded team travel expenses (Warriors
student-athleteshave traveled to New York and California and
even abroad, competing for and representing WLC)
• Live game webcasts for football and basketball
• A cutting-edge athletics website, wlcsports.com
• Up-to-the-second game stats and play-by-play onyour computer, tablet, or mobile device
• Special athletics projects like the Warrior 5k Through the Park, Gary's Gallop, and the activities hosted by the Student-AthleteAdvisory Committee.
Building For The Future
Donations like your Warrior Club membership assist the coaches and staff in providing the facilities and resources needed tocompete at the highest level of NCAA Division III athletics.
• The WLC Recreation Complex
(REX) is a 92,000-square-foot facility that includes three
basketball/volleyball courts, fitness center, weight training room,
dance/aerobics workout room, indoor running track, 2,500-seat field
house, team and classmeeting rooms, athletic training facilities,
and seven locker rooms.
• The 26-acre Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex consists of a football stadium, two soccer fields, track & field facilities, and diamonds for baseball and softball. Phase one of the Outdoor Athletic Center was completed in the fall of 2011. The project was two-fold and included the building of an 8,900-square-foot building that includes locker rooms, public restrooms, storage and laundry facilities, and meeting, conference, and training rooms. Additionally, a concession stand and more public restrooms were constructed.
Benefits come as an amazing deal at $60 for individuals, $95 for families, and $2,500 for a lifetime membership. You can't pass up this offer!
• Free admission (regularly
$5 for adults, $3 for children) to all home athletics contests
• Courtside seating in the REX for all home basketball games
• Warrior Insider newsletters
• A 10% discount off all items purchased through the Warriors Fan Shop
• Discounts on youth sports camps
• Recognition on the Warrior Club display wall in the REX (permanent name recognition for lifetime members)
The Warrior Challenge
Wisconsin Lutheran College is continuing fundraising efforts to complete the Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex. Future plans include a second phase to the Outdoor Athletic Center facility, practice fields, and tennis courts. Additionally, home bleachers and a press box for the football field and scoreboards, lights, dugouts, permanent bleachers and a press box for both the softball and baseball diamonds will be erected as funds are donated. In addition to your Warrior Club membership, consider a donation through the Locker Legends program.
2012-2013 Athletics Highlights
• The baseball team won a
program-record 20 games, including 11 conference games. The team's
conference tournament appearance was its first in the seven-year
history of the league. Sophomore Aaron Roeseler was named to both
the D3baseball.com and ABCA/Rawlings All-Midwest Region Third
• The football team won a program-record seven games in Dr. Dennis Miller's final season as head coach. The Warriors finished the season with the top pass defense in NCAA Division III.
• The men's cross country team earned All-Academic status from the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.
• Sean Esenberg was named NAC Men's Golf Freshman of the Year. Head coach Adam Volbrecht was named Co-Coach of the Year. The Warriors concluded the season by winning the St. Norbert College Invitational after shooting a school-record 303.
• The men's soccer team won a program-record 11 games, while tying a school record with six conference victories. The team's conference tournament appearance was its second overall and first since 2007. Freshman Austin Drake was named Honorable Mention on the All-Wisconsin State Team.
• The men's tennis team won a program-record seven matches and qualified for the conference tournament for the first time in league history. Zach Birner was named NAC Freshman of the Year.
• Sophomore Mary Erickson was named Athlete of the Meet and Track Athlete of the Meet at the NAC Women's Track & Field Indoor Championships. The Warriors finished as the runner-up at both the indoor and outdoor conference championships.
• Senior Kaitlyn Strehlow was named NAC Women's Tennis Player of the Year for the second straight season. The Warriors finished 10-1 in conference play for the second straight year and runner-up at the conference tournament.
• The softball team tied a program record with 19 wins and qualified for the conference tournament for the first time since 2008.
• Sophomore Marya Haegler was named NAC Women's Cross Country Runner of the Year, All-Region, and USTFCCCA All-Academic. The Warriors finished runner-up at the conference championships, and 21st (best-ever) at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regional.
• The women's basketball team (25-3, 17-0 NAC) won its fifth straight NAC division title, third straight conference tournament championship, and advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the third straight season. Senior Shavon Dillon was named NAC Player of the Year and Klay Knueppel was named Co-Coach of the Year.
• Forty-five student-athletes received All-NAC recognition. A school-record 134 student-athletes were named NAC Scholar-Athletes.
Investing In Champions
"By being a part of Warriors Athletics, I've created lifelong bonds and unforgettable memories with coaches, teammates, and friends. I've been playing soccer for more than 15 years and the most memorable opportunities and experiences I've had throughout that time have come from Warriors Athletics. Without the Warrior Club, the athletic programs at WLC would not be near as successful as they are today. The support from Warrior Club members has been huge in the growth of the athletic programs over my past few years at WLC. The women's soccer program appreciates everything the Warrior Club has done and continues to do. A huge thanks to the members of the Warrior Club for making my time as a Warrior one I will never forget. Go Warriors! – Emily Sowinski, Junior, Women's Soccer
"I've had great experiences during my time as a student-athlete at Wisconsin Lutheran College. This is only made possible from the donations from the Warrior Club. It's an exciting time to be a part of WLC Athletics,and with the continued support of the Warrior Club, the athletic programs continue to expand. This allows my teammates and me to enjoy being a part of something so rewarding. Through my athletic experience at WLC, I've created strong bonds with my coaches and teammates and have learned how to be a Christian leader both on and off the court. I am very grateful for all of the opportunities the Warrior Club has provided me with and look forward to making the most of them in the coming years." – Kyle Stelse, Junior, Men's Basketball
Be The Difference
"We have seen the opportunities that WLC offers to its students, including the chance to play NCAA Division III sports. We are blessed to be able to help the students as they develop the discipline, camaraderie, and teamwork that goes into and comes out of being part of a team. While we can't make most of the games, we enjoy listening to the webcasts at home. It's like we are right there, either on the field or courtside."– Dave and Kari Kellen, WLC parents
"As a former student-athlete, I know how rewarding it is to be a part of college athletics. My donation for a lifetime Warrior Club membership allows me to show my support for WLC Athletics. I enjoy the benefits of membership like free admission to games, sitting courtside at basketball contests, reading the Warrior Insider newsletters, and purchasing Warrior merchandise at a discount." – Renee Kietzmann, WLC class of 1992
For more information, contact Director of Athletic Development Bill Curtis at 414.443.8546 or email@example.com.