FORT MYERS, Fla. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College baseball team dropped its lone game, 14-5, on Wednesday morning at the Gene Cusic Collegiate Classic against North Park at the Player Development Complex.
- Score: North Park 14, Wisconsin Lutheran 5
- Location: Player Development Complex, Fort Myers, Fla.
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-3), North Park (4-9)
- The Vikings capitalized on two WLC errors in the first inning to score three runs and take a 3-0 lead.
- North Park tacked on another run in the second to take a 4-0 advantage after two innings of play.
- The Vikings scored in their third straight inning by plating four runs on five hits to take the commanding 8-0 lead.
- Wisconsin Lutheran finally got to the Vikings' Matt Pizur on the mound in the fourth inning when Colton Tisch (Genoa City, Wis./Badger) grounded out for an RBI.
- The Warriors trimmed their deficit to just four after a big four-run seventh inning.
- Curtis Engelbrecht (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis./Northland Lutheran) roped an RBI single to center, Sid Lehman (Theresa, Wis./Mayville) reached on a fielder's choice for an RBI for WLC's second run, Brannigan Hart (Davie, Fla./Western) recorded his first collegiate RBI, and Lehman later scored on a wild pitch to cap off the Warriors' big inning.
- NPU broke the game back open with four runs in the eighth.
- KJ Banse (Racine, Wis./St. Catherine's) suffered the loss in 3.0 innings of work, allowing five earned runs. Hart led the team by going 2-for-2 at the dish with an RBI.
FOR THE FOES
- Vikings' starting pitcher, Matt Pizur, was in control of the game, allowing just one earned run in 6.1 innings.
- Cullen Gilbertson paced the North Park offense with three hits and six RBI.
- The Warriors are back in action early tomorrow for two more games against Lasell (2-3) with first pitch of the doubleheader scheduled for 8:00 a.m. CST. Links to live stats will be available for both games at WLCSports.com.