FORT MYERS, Fla. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College baseball team was plagued by seven errors and fell behind early as SUNY-Plattsburgh defeated the Warriors, 19-2, Tuesday morning at Terry Park.
- Final Score: SUNY-Plattsburgh 19, Wisconsin Lutheran 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-3), SUNY-Plattsburgh (3-2)
- Location: Terry Park, Fort Myers, Fla.
- SUNY-Plattsburgh took an early 2-0 lead in the first on a pair of hits, including a solo homerun.
- Following two scoreless frames, the Cardinals scored runs in six straight innings, including a four-spot in the fourth and seven runs in the fifth.
- Wisconsin Lutheran cracked the scoring column in the sixth when Tyler Schoemann (Algonquin, Ill.) scored on a balk and Jayson Walczak-Zelem (Oak Creek, Wis.) followed with an RBI single plating Sid Lehman (Theresa, Wis.).
- WLC stranded 10 runners on base, including the bases loaded in the third inning.
- Ten different players recorded hits in the game for the Warriors, including five who collected their first collegiate hit.
- Ben Veenstra (Evansville, Wis.) was dealt the loss in his season debut, as he allowed eight runs (four earned) in 4.1 innings. He walked five and fanned three.
FOR THE FOES
- Joe Deland and Anthony Maag each went 3-for-4 with three runs scored for Plattsburgh. Maag also drove in three runs.
- Chase Blazak scattered seven hits over 6.0 innings while striking out 10 to earn the win. Jacob Stein collected a three-inning save.
- The Warriors have off tomorrow and return to the field Thursday for a pair of nine-inning games against North Park (2-7) and Gallaudet (2-11-1) at Terry Park. Game one against NPU starts at 9:00 a.m. EST. Live stats will be available for both games at WLCSports.com.