OSHKOSH, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College baseball team faced off against its second nationally-ranked opponent in the last six days Wednesday, falling to 25th-ranked UW-Oshkosh 11-2 at Tiedemann Field.
- Final Score: No. 25 UW-Oshkosh 11, Wisconsin Lutheran 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-11), UW-Oshkosh (11-2)
- Location: Tiedemann Field, Oshkosh, Wis.
- The Warriors took a 1-0 lead over the Titans in the third after Brannigan Hart (Davie, Fla.) laced a two-out double to right center that scored Kasey Zdroik (Plainfield, Wis.).
- Oshkosh jumped in front the following half inning on a three-run homerun from Taylor Grimm.
- UWO posted a four-run fourth inning, highlighted by a three-run double Jack Paulson for a 7-1 lead.
- Wisconsin Lutheran got a run back in the fifth when Jake Wiedower (St. Francis, Wis.) scored from second on a throwing error by the third baseman.
- The Titans added a single tally in the seventh and three more in the eighth for their 11th run of the contest.
- WLC threatened in the sixth, but stranded two runners on, and again in the ninth as it left the bases loaded when the game ended.
- Wiedower led the Warriors with two of the teams' six hits.
FOR THE FOES
- Logan Reckert paced the Titans with three hits and Taylor Grimm drove in six runs. Colan Treml improved to 5-0 on the mound after allowing two runs on two hits in 5.0 innings.
- Wisconsin Lutheran opens Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play tomorrow when it hosts Marian (4-9) in a 12:00 p.m. twinbill at Neumann Family Field. Links to live stats will be available for both games at WLCSports.com.