LISLE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College baseball team dropped both games of its Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference doubleheader, 7-2 and 2-0, against Benedictine Monday afternoon at The Sports Complex. The defeats even the Warriors' conference record at 2-2.
- Final Scores: Benedictine 7, Wisconsin Lutheran 2; Benedictine 2, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-13, 2-2 NACC), Benedictine (10-4, 2-0 NACC)
- Location: The Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill.
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- The Warriors struck first in the second inning on a Brannigan Hart (Davie, Fla.) two-run single that plated Johnny Offenbacher (Waukesha, Wis.) and Spencer Michaelis (Wauwatosa, Wis.).
- Benedictine responded in the fourth, scoring three runs on three singles giving the Eagles a 3-2 advantage.
- The Eagles struck again in the seventh on a two-RBI double, a sacrifice fly to center, and a triple giving BenU the 7-2 victory.
- Jake Wiedower (St. Francis, Wis.) suffered the loss allowing seven runs on 12 hits, with three walks and three strikeouts.
- Hart went 3-for-4 with two RBIs to lead the Warriors.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Wisconsin Lutheran threatened in the second inning, loading the bases with no outs, but the Eagles escaped any damage with a fielder's choice and an inning-ending double play.
- Benedictine would score in the next half inning on a two-out RBI double down the right field line for a 1-0 lead.
- After the Warriors stranded the bases loaded in the fifth, the Eagles scratched across another run in the fifth on a RBI single.
- WLC threatened yet again in the eighth, loading the bases with two outs, but BenU avoided any damange.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hit into four double plays and stranded nine runners on base.
- Brock Vredeveld (Waterloo, Wis.) suffered the loss allowing two runs on 10 hits while striking out four.
- Hart led WLC again in game two with two hits.
FOR THE FOES
- Jonathan Hodo went 3-for-5 and Jack Feeley was 3-for-4 with two RBIs in the opener. Frank Greco earned the victory allowing two runs on five hits, with one walk and six strikeouts.
- Hodo, Sam Kerr, and Noah Davis had two hits apiece to lead the Eagles in game two. Ryan Miller earned the victory allowing no runs on five hits, with two walks and four strikeouts.
- The Warriors return home to face Maranatha (0-8) in a non-conference doubleheader Thursday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. at Neumann Family Field. Live stats will be available for both games at WLCSports.com.