MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College baseball team earned a 10-0 shutout win in eight innings over the visiting Maranatha Sabercats Thursday in non-conference action at Neumann Family Field. Sid Lehman (Theresa, Wis.) drove in four runs while Jake Constien (Sun Prairie, Wis.) earned the win, going 7.0 strong innings and allowing only two hits while strucking out eight. Wisconsin Lutheran extended its winning streak to 17 straight games over the Sabercats.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 10, Maranatha 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-16), Maranatha (0-10)
- Location: Neumann Family Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Neither team could gather any momentrum in the opening innings until the bottom of the third when Lehman singled to left field, scoring Kasey Zdroik (Plainfield, Wis.).
- WLC added another run in the fourth inning when Kyle Koth (Zion, Ill.) singled to center field, scoring Brock Vredeveld (Waterloo, Wis.), who singled, then stole second and third base.
- Lehman drove two more runs in with a double down the right field line in the bottom of the fifth inning to push the Warriors' lead to 4-0.
- WLC plated three runs in the bottom of the seventh inning after back-to-back RBI doubles from Joe Hanson (La Crosse, Wis.) and Lehman, then an RBI single from Koth to extend WLC's lead to 7-0.
- The Warriors closed out the game in the eighth inning after an error that scored Brett Jakel (Reeseville, Wis.) and Brannigan Hart (Davie, Fla.), then Vredeveld ripped a single to left field that scored Zdroik, ending the game with a 10-0 score.
- Lehman led WLC with a 3-for-5 effort while driving in four runs. Koth drove in two runs while Zdroik. Hanson, and Vredeveld each drove in a run of their own.
- Constien picked up his first win of the season on the mound.
FOR THE FOES
- Ryan Hempel took the loss for the Sabercats, pitching 4.0 innings and allowing two earned runs.
- Four different MBU players collected hits in the contest.
- The Warriors return to NACC play Saturday afternoon when they travel to Lakeland for a 12:00 p.m. doubleheader. The Muskies (4-10, 0-4 NACC) last dropped two games to Edgewood Tuesday. WLC has won six of its last eight against LU.