MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College baseball team dropped a pair of NACC games against cross-town NACC foe MSOE Sunday afternoon at Neumann Family Field. The Raiders took game one, 7-1, before winning the nightcap, 13-5.
- Final Scores: MSOE 7, Wisconsin Lutheran 1; MSOE 13, Wisconsin Lutheran 5
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (10-23, 7-11 NACC), MSOE (20-16, 10-6 NACC)
- Location: Neumann Family Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- MSOE got on the board first with a sacrifice fly from Max Kemp in the second inning but left the bases loaded in the frame.
- The game remained a pitcher's dual as the score stood 1-0 heading into the seventh inning until the Raiders added three runs to increase their lead to 4-0.
- MSOE broke the game open with three more runs in the eighth inning.
- WLC cracked the scoring column in the ninth inning when Brett Jakel (Reeseville, Wis.) scored from first base on KJ Banse's (Racine, Wis.) single to left and an error in the outfield.
- Brock Vredeveld (Waterloo, Wis.) recorded two of WLC's five hits in the opener.
- Vredeveld suffered the loss on the mound, allowing six earned runs in 7.1 innings. Jake Steinhardt (Plymouth, Wis.) pitched a scoreless 1.2 innings in relief.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- The Raiders struck quickly again with a run in the opening inning but stranded the bases loaded.
- MSOE scored six runs, five with two outs, in the second inning to push its lead to 7-0.
- The Warriors got a run back as Vredeveld got hit in the foot with a pitch with the bases loaded in the second inning.
- Wisconsin Lutheran scored another run in the third when Banse crossed home on a wild pitch.
- WLC got another run on another wild pitch in the fifth, cutting its deficit to 7-3.
- MSOE added a single tally in the seventh inning, before scoring five runs in the ninth, highlighted by a two-run homerun to deep left field from Julian Sonn.
- Kasey Zdroik (Plainfield, Wis.) led WLC with three hits in game two. Banse, Brannigan Hart (Davie, Fla.), Jake Wiedower (St. Francis, Wis.), and Gunner Amelunk (Wales, Wis.) added two hits apiece.
- Dylan Knoespel (Brillion, Wis.) dropped to 3-4 on the mound after allowing seven earned runs in 6.0 innings. He struckout six and walked four.
FOR THE FOES
- Caleb Willert earned the win on the bump for MSOE as he extended his conference scoreless streak to 26.1 innings in a complete game effort. Ryan Newman and Garrett Willems each went 3-for-5 in the opener.
- The Raiders, who busted out for 22 hits, saw seven players record multiple hits, led by Owen Burnikel going 4-for-6. Brad Demkovich earned the win, allowing one earned run in 7.0 innings on the mound.
- The Warriors remain home for a non-conference matchup against Carroll (20-14) at Neumann Family Field Monday. The doubleheader is scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m. Live stats will be available at WLCSports.com.