ANGOLA, Ind. (WLCSports.com) - The host Trine Thunder rushed for 400 yards and seven touchdowns on their way to a 55-7 win over the Wisconsin Lutheran College football team Saturday afternoon in a MIAA-NACC Challenge game at Fred Zollner Athletic Stadium.
- Final Score: Trine 55, Wisconsin Lutheran 7
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-3), Trine (3-0)
- Location: Fred Zollner Athletic Stadium, Angola, Ind.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Following a pair of empty first quarter possessions, Trine scored touchdowns on three straight drives beginning late in the first quarter, and finished the first half with 31 points behind four rushing touchdowns.
- The Thunder added 24 unanswered points to their total on three more rushing touchdowns in the second half.
- The Warriors found the end zone with 8:15 left in the fourth quarter when Jake Anderson (Oak Creek, Wis.) ran two yards for a touchdown capping off a scoring drive that went 73 yards in 4:11.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors recorded 193 yards of total offense, 126 of which came in the air.
- Pat Mathieson (New Port Richey, Fla.) completed 7-of-18 passing attempts for 75 yards, while Anderson was 3-for-8 passes for 51 yards and a rushing touchdown. Mathieson also totaled 33 yards on the ground behind 10 carries.
- Nick Charles-Crowl (Bradenton, Fla.) led the receiving corps with three catches for 57 yards, while J.K. Witkofski (Racine, Wis.) caught three passes for 46 yards.
- Mykael Ignaszak (Cudahy, Wis.) and Larry Meeks (Burlington, Wis.) led the Warriors defense with 10 tackles apiece. Bryan Plaster (Appleton, Wis.) contributed an interception.
FOR THE FOES
- The Thunder racked up 564 yards of total offense, 295 of which came from quarterback Evan Wyse. Lamar Carswell rushed for three scores to lead three others who found the end zone.
- Defensively, Trine forced four turnovers, recorded two sacks, and were led by Jonathon Fierro's seven tackles.
- TU won its fourth straight game over WLC and improved its record in the all-time series to 5-2.
- The Warriors have next weekend off before opening NACC play at Aurora (1-2) September 30 for a 1:00 p.m. kickoff at Vago Field. The Spartans were defeated Saturday by Olivet, 37-21. Live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.