MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – Three-time defending NACC champion Lakeland rushed for 419 yards en route to a 48-0 win over the Wisconsin Lutheran College football team Saturday afternoon on Hall of Fame Day at Raabe Stadium.
- Final Score: Lakeland 48, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-5, 2-2 NACC), Lakeland (5-2, 3-0 NACC)
- Location: Raabe Stadium, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Muskies marched down the field on their opening possession, capped off by a four-yard touchdown run from quarterback Michael Whitley.
- After the Warriors held the ball for over five minutes, Lakeland's defense held strong, stopping the hosts on downs. LU took the ensuing possession and converted on a fourth-and-goal with a seven-yard connection from Whitley to Dezmen Morse.
- The Muskies used a quick strike on the first play of the second quarter with a 35-yard rush from Dezmon Eddie to push their lead to 21-0.
- After a Warriors punt pinned the Muskies inside their own two yard line, LU used a defensive pass interference and an 83-yard run from Eddie to extend its lead before half.
- WLC's defense opened the half by forcing a pair of turnovers before Whitley found the end zone for the second time with a one-yard run.
- The Muskies scored on their first two possessions of the fourth quarter to cap the conference victory over WLC.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors recorded 120 yards of total offense.
- Pat Mathieson (New Port Richey, Fla.) completed 5-of-14 passing attempts for 60 yards.
- Todd Lehman (Harvard, Ill.) led the backfield with 28 yards on seven carries.
- Nick Charles-Crowl (Bradenton, Fla.) led the receiving corps with two catches for 27 yards, while J.K. Witkofski (Racine, Wis.) had the longest play from scrimmage for WLC with a 24-yard reception on a fake punt.
- Tony Orlando (Hoffman Estates, Ill.) had an interception for the Green and White on defense. Brandon Morrissey (Waupun, Wis.) led the team with 11 tackles, while Jody Styczynski (Coleman, Wis.) and Larry Meeks (Burlington, Wis.) added six each.
FOR THE FOES
- The Muskies totaled 613 yards on offense. Whitley completed 20-of-32 passes for 194 yards and two touchdowns. He also added 66 yards and two touchdowns on the ground.
- Eddie racked up 235 yards on the ground with two scores. Allante Gardner caught five receptions for 57 yards.
- Mason Ross and Donte Rowell had seven tackles each for the Muskies.
- The Warriors take a break from conference action next week when they play host to Albion (2-5) Saturday afternoon at Raabe Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. The Britons are coming off a 31-28 victory over Alma. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.