MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's basketball team dropped a 79-71 decision to the visiting Dominican Stars Saturday afternoon inside the Recreation Complex. The visitors shot 53.2 percent from the field and forced 22 Warriors turnovers en route to the road victory.
- Final Score: Dominican 79, Wisconsin Lutheran 71
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-4, 1-2 NACC), Dominican (2-3, 1-2 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After alternating baskets in the opening minutes, the Warriors took a 12-7 lead, with six points from Chase Nowak (Milwaukee, Wis.).
- Wisconsin Lutheran held a 19-17 lead with 8:23 remaining in the first half, but WLC used a 6-2 swing to take a 25-19 lead with just under six minutes remaining. The six-point margin was the Warriors' largest lead of the game.
- The Stars tied the contest at 27-27 with four minutes left, but Nowak connected on a triple from the wing to put the Warriors back ahead by three.
- Dominican took its first lead of the game after a corner three, but four straight points from Nowak gave WLC a 34-33 advantage with one minute left in the first half.
- Two free throws in the final seconds of the half gave Dominican a 37-36 lead entering the halftime break.
- Two consecutive threes from the Stars put them ahead 50-44 with 14:30 left in the second half.
- The Stars maintained a seven-point lead with 11:11 showing on the clock, but a triple from Tyler De Young (Waupun, Wis.) cut the Dominican lead to four.
- Dominican kept its four-point lead until the 4:52 mark when De Young converted two free-throws to bring WLC within two.
- The Warriors tied the game at 71-71 when De Young hit two more free throws, but the Stars answered with another triple from the corner to take a three-point lead with 1:35 left.
- One free throw from Dominican extended its lead to four points with 39.9 on the clock, with the Warriors taking possession.
- Two more free throws for the Stars put the game out of reach, as the visitors came away with the 79-71 victory.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Nowak led the Warriors with 24 points, including 16 in the first half.
- Collin Kennedy (Holmen, Wis.) added 13 points and six rebounds.
- De Young led the way on the glass for the Warriors, pulling down 13 rebounds and added 12 points.
- WLC shot 45.1 percent (23-of-51) in the game, including 85.2 percent (23-of-27) from the free throw line.
- Wisconsin Lutheran turned the ball over a season-high 22 times, leading to 15 points for the Stars.
FOR THE FOES
- Jonny Woolf scored 25 points for the visitors, adding six rebounds and two blocks.
- Jackson Smith chipped in 14 points while pulling down five rebounds.
- Isaac Moore and Connor Dartt added 10 points apiece.
- The Stars shot 53.2 percent (25-of-47) from the field in the matchup, including 44 percent (11-of-25) from beyond the arc.
- Dominican converted 72 percent (18-of-25) of its free throw attempts, including four in the final minute of play.
- The Stars snapped a seven-game losing skid to the Warriors.
- The Warriors continue NACC play when they travel to Lakeland (4-2, 2-2 NACC) for a mid-week conference matchup Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. Wisconsin Lutheran was victorious in both contests against the Muskies a season ago, with Collin Kennedy averaging 22 points and 16.5 rebounds per contest. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.