RIVER FOREST, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Collin Kennedy (Holmen, Wis.) recorded his seventh double-double of the season to lead three scorers in double-figures as the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's basketball team earned its second consecutive road victory of the week with a 70-58 victory over Dominican inside the Igini Sports Forum Thursday night. The Warriors never trailed in the game, collecting their second win in as many tries.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 70, Dominican 58
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-14, 4-10 NACC), Dominican (4-14, 2-12 NACC)
- Location: Igini Sports Forum, River Forest, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After an early back-and-forth battle, Chase Nowak (Milwaukee, Wis.) connected on a triple to give the Warriors a 12-7 lead with 14:31 left in the opening half.
- Wisconsin Lutheran used an 8-0 run and held DU scoreless for nearly three minutes to push its lead to 20-10 with 11:17 showing on the scoreboard.
- The hosts battled back to trim the deficit to 25-23, forcing WLC to call a timeout with just under eight minutes to play in the opening half.
- Kennedy snapped a four-minute scoring drought for the Green and White with a midrange jumper with 4:50 left to play, giving WLC a 27-25 advantage.
- The Stars were held scoreless for the remaining 6:05 of the opening half as the Warriors carried a 32-25 lead into the locker room.
- Nowak led the way in the first half with 12 points, while Kennedy added eight of his own.
- The Warriors shot 41.2 percent in the half but just 18.2 percent from behind the arc.
- Christian Kennedy (Holmen, Wis.) pushed the lead to double digits, 40-29, with a jumper at the 14:32 mark.
- Dominican's layup with 13:19 left in the half snapped the 12:46 span without a field goal as WLC held onto a 44-31 lead.
- Collin Kennedy pushed the advantage to 17 with just under nine minutes to play in regulation.
- DU trimmed the lead back to 10 with 5:37 play following an old-fashioned three-point play from Jonny Woolf.
- Nowak pushed the Warriors' lead to 20, the largest of the game, with 2:46 left to play in the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Collin Kennedy led a balanced Warriors' attack, finishing with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
- Nowak added 16 points, five rebounds, and three steals.
- Mack Knueppel (Jackson, Wis.) reached double-figures for the fifth straight game as he finished with 11 points.
- WLC shot 43.3 percent (26-of-60) from the floor for the game and 68.2 percent from the charity stripe (15-of-22).
- The Warriors dominated the glass, 47-27, and out-scored DU 30-22 in the paint.
- Wisconsin Lutheran forced 18 turnovers in the game.
- WLC won its seventh straight road game at Domincan, a stretch which dates back to February 2010.
FOR THE FOES
- Woolf was the only Star to reach double-figures as he stuffed the stat sheet with 18 points, four boards, four steals, and five blocks.
- Dominican shot 37.5 percent (21-of-56) from the field in the contest and just 27.6 percent (8-of-29) from behind the arc.
- DU forced 20 turnovers which it converted into 20 points.
- The Warriors return to the Recreation Complex Saturday when they host NACC-leading MSOE (12-6, 11-3 NACC) for Winterfest. Tip-off is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. The Raiders have won back-to-back games, including a 72-71 victory against Marian Tuesday night. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.