GREEN LAKE, Wis. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team shot a second-round 305 and sits just two shots off the lead after the first two rounds of the NACC Championship which wrapped up Sunday at the Golf Courses of Lawsonia. Senior Jacob Mortell (Eden Prairie, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) is tied for the lead following his two-round 149 (77-72).
- Tournament: NACC Championship
- Location: Golf Courses of Lawsonia, Green Lake, Wis.
- Course Info: 6853 Yards, Par 72
- WLC Team: 2nd of 10 (+45)
- Top WLC Individual: Jacob Mortell (+5), T-1st of 49
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Following an opening-round 77, Mortell fired a 72 on Sunday to tie for the lead with a 149. Mortell drained six birdies in the second round to propel him to the top of the 49-player field.
- Sean Esenberg (Jackson, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) is tied for sixth with a 155 (81-74). Esenberg lowered his score by seven strokes following Sunday's second round.
- Garrett Ralston (Machesney Park, Ill./Harlem) ended the weekend with a 157 (77-80) to finish at +13 and in ninth place.
- Tyler Wood (Eagan, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) totaled a two-day 162 (83-79) and is tied for 18th.
- Pete Kaufmann's (Davenport, Iowa/Central) 164 (81-83) has him tied for 22nd.
- The Warriors' round of 305 on Sunday was the lowest round of the weekend and ties for their fifth-lowest of the season.
- Edgewood holds a slight two-shot lead over the Warriors after its two-round 619 (309-310). The Eagles' Nathan Gilbert is tied for the lead with Mortell following his rounds of 78 and 71.
- T-1. Jacob Mortell, 149 (+5)
- T-6. Sean Esenberg, 155 (+11)
- 9. Garrett Ralston, 157 (+13)
- 18. Tyler Wood, 162 (+18)
- T-22. Pete Kaufmann, 164 (+20)
- The first two rounds of the NACC Championship mark the conclusion of the fall season for the Warriors. WLC will resume its season in the spring with the final two rounds of the championship April 24-25 at Stonebridge Country Club in Aurora, Ill.