PINEHURST, N.C. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team opened the spring portion of its season by shooting a team score of 954 at the three-day Pinehurst Intercollegiate against several NCAA Division I teams. Senior Jacob Mortell (Eden Prairie, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) led the Warriors with a three-round 230 on the weekend.
- Tournament: Pinehurst Intercollegiate
- Location: Pinehurst No. 8, Pinehurst, N.C.
- Course Info: 6937 Yards, Par 71
- WLC Team: 11th of 11 (+102)
- Top WLC Individual: Jacob Mortell (+17), T-44th of 69
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Following opening two rounds of 77, Mortell capped his weekend with a 76, highlighted by a birdie on the 584-yard par 5 on hole No. 6.
- Sean Esenberg (Jackson, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) played consistently for the Warriors over the weekend, finishing at +23 (79-79-78).
- Pete Kaufmann (Davenport, Iowa/Central) carded a 244 (79-81-84).
- Garrett Ralston (Machesney Park, Ill./Harlem) improved his scorecard over the course of the weekend, capped off by a 79 on the final day to bring his total to 247 (87-81-79).
- Tyler Wood (Eagan, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) totaled a three-day 252 (86-79-87).
- The Warriors' round of 316 on Saturday was their best round of the tournament.
- Xavier won the event with a team score of 878, holding off Elon who finished just a stroke back of the Musketeers.
- Morehead State's Will Branham topped the 69-player tournament field with a three-round 213 (75-69-69).
- T-44. Jacob Mortell, 230 (+17)
- 59. Sean Esenberg, 236 (+23)
- T-62. Pete Kaufmann, 244 (+31)
- T-65. Garrett Ralston, 247 (+34)
- 68. Tyler Wood, 252 (+39)
- The Warriors return to Pinehurst, N.C. where they will compete against St. Andrews at Pinehurst Resort on March 23-24. Tee times are scheduled for 12 p.m. and 9 a.m., respectively.