ROCKFORD, Ill. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team competed Sunday afternoon at the Forester Spring Invite hosted by Lake Forest at Aldeen Golf Club. The Warriors' junior varsity team finished 10th overall out of 17 teams at the one-day event.
- Tournament: Forester Spring Invite
- Location: Aldeen Golf Club, Rockford, Ill.
- Course Info: 6615 Yards, Par 72
- WLC Team: T-10th of 17 (+41)
- Top WLC Individuals: Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis./Tomah), TJ Obbink (Cedar Grove, Wis./Cedar Grove-Belgium) (+9), T-26th of 98
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Obbink fired the lowest round for the Warriors for the second straight event, this time finishing with an 81 on the par-72 course. Tying Obbink for 26th overall was Gnewikow, who was one of 10 players to shoot an 81 on Sunday.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis./Martin Luther) and Austin Busler (Oregon, Wis./Oregon) carded rounds of 83 and 84, respectively.
- Competing as an individual, Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis./Luther Preparatory) shot an 86. Brandon Marth (Grafton, Wis./Grafton) rounded out the Warriors' lineup with an 89.
- Wisconsin Lutheran tied for 10th with Illinois College after shooting a combined 329.
- Carroll totaled a team score of 308 to clip Monmouth by one stroke for the invite title.
- Benedictine's Jordan Veloz fired an even-par 72 to take home medalist honors. His teammate, Nathan Hermsen, finished runner-up with a 73.
- T-26. Damon Gnewikow, 81 (+9)
- T-26. TJ Obbink, 81 (+9)
- T-42. Derick Disch, 83 (+11)
- T-46. Austin Busler, 84 (+12)
- T-70. Ben Landvatter, 86 (+14)
- T-80. Brandon Marth, 89 (+17)
- Wisconsin Lutheran returns to the links Tuesday for the Carthage Spring Invite at Kenosha Country Club for a 9:00 a.m. start.