SOMERS, Wis. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team competed Tuesday afternoon at the Carthage Spring Invitational at Kenosha Country Club. The Warriors' junior varsity team finished 12th overall out of 14 teams at the one-day event.
- Tournament: Carthage Spring Invitational
- Location: Kenosha Country Club, Somers, Wis.
- Course Info: 6530 Yards, Par 70
- WLC Team: 12th of 14 (+47)
- Top WLC Individual: Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis./Tomah) (+10), T-34th of 80
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Gnewikow scored the lowest round of the day for the Warriors, finishing with an 80 on the par-70 course.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis./Martin Luther) and TJ Obbink (Cedar Grove, Wis./Cedar Grove-Belgium) fired rounds of 81 and 82, respectively.
- Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis./Luther Preparatory) tied with eight other players after carding an 84. Austin Busler (Oregon, Wis./Oregon) rounded out the Warriors' lineup with an 89.
- Wisconsin Lutheran finished in 12th after firing a combined 327 (+47).
- Carthage won its Spring Invitational shooting a combined 298 (+18), five strokes ahead of runner-up Elmhurst.
- Carthage's Matt Meneghetti won a scorecard playoff for medalist honors after tying with Concordia Wisconsin's Kyle Rebholtz as both players shot a one-over par 71.
- T-34. Damon Gnewikow, 80 (+10)
- T-39. Derick Disch, 81 (+11)
- T-43. TJ Obbink, 82 (+12)
- T-54. Ben Landvatter, 84 (+14)
- T-73. Austin Busler, 89 (+19)
- Wisconsin Lutheran will send its second team to the St. Norbert Invitational Saturday and Sunday at Royal St. Patrick's Golf Links in Wrightstown. First scheduled tee time is 11:00 a.m. WLC will prepare for rounds three and four of the NACC Championship April 24-25 at Stonebridge Country Club in Aurora, Ill.