SAUK CENTRE, Minn. (WLCSports.com) – Led by 152's from Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis./Tomah), Garrett Ralston (Machesney Park, Ill./Harlem), and Tyler Wood (Eagan, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran), the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team finished sixth out of 13 scoring teams at the Saint John's Fall Invitational on Saturday and Sunday.
- Tournament: Saint John's Fall Invitational
- Location: Blackberry Ridge G.C., Sartell, Minn./Greystone Golf Club, Sauk Centre, Minn.
- Course Info: Par 72, 6,992 Yards/Par 72, 7,059 Yards
- WLC Team: 6th of 13 (+39)
- Top WLC Individual: Damon Gnewikow, Garrett Ralston, Tyler Wood (+8), T-17th of 75
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- The Warriors finished with a two-round 615 (310-305) to come in sixth place.
- Gnewikow led the Warriors after day one with a 75 and then shot a 77 for a two-day total of 152.
- Tyler Wood shot a consistent 76 at both courses to earn a share of 17th place for WLC.
- Garrett Ralston improved his score by two strokes on the second round to join his teammates at 152.
- Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis./Luther Preparatory) entered the clubhouse with a 158 (78-80).
- Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) improved his second round score by nine shots to finish tied for 58th.
- UW-Eau Claire led after both rounds (296-295) to claim the 13 team title, beating University of Manitoba by nine strokes. The Blugolds' Ryan Isaacson came from four strokes back to finish in a tie with David Schneider from Saint John's Blue at -1.
- T-17. Damon Gnewikow, 152 (+8)
- T-17. Tyler Wood, 152 (+8)
- T-17. Garrett Ralston, 152 (+8)
- T-44. Ben Landvatter, 158 (+14)
- T-58. Tim Pridemore, 163 (+19)
- T-65. Derek Disch, 165 (+21)
- The Warriors will next compete at Lake Forest on Saturday at Bull Valley Golf Club in Woodstock, Ill., before hosting the WLC Fall Invitational at Washington County Golf Course on Sunday and Monday.