HARTFORD, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Garrett Ralston (Machesney Park, Ill./Harlem) carded a career-low 151 and placed fourth overall to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team to a second-place finish for the second straight year at the WLC Fall Invitational played at Washington County Golf Course on Sunday and Monday.
- Tournament: WLC Fall Invitational
- Location: Washington County Golf Course, Hartford, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 72, 6,854 Yards
- WLC Team: 2nd of 13 (+61)
- Top WLC Individual: Garrett Ralston (+7), 4th of 78
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- After improving his score by three shots in the final round, Ralston carried the Warriors with his career-low 151 (77-74) for a fourth-place finish.
- Derek Disch (Greenfield, Wis./Martin Luther) played a consistent weekend for WLC, scoring a 161 (81-80) to finish tied for 15th.
- Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) posted the lowest first-round score for the Warriors, a 76, before finishing tied for 23rd with a 163.
- Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis./Luther Preparatory) and Tyler Wood (Eagan, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) both shot a 166 (+22) and tied for 33rd.
- Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis./Tomah) played well in the opening round with a 77 and finished with a 169 to finish tied for 45th.
- The Warriors sat just seven shots back of first after carding a 309 during Sunday's weather-delayed first round and battled extremely windy conditions on Monday for a 328.
- Carthage won the invite for the third straight year, topping host WLC by 33 shots. Carthage's Matt Meneghetti won the individual title by shooting an even-par (74-70) to top Marian's Ryonen Faris by three strokes.
- 4. Garrett Ralston, 151 (+7)
- T-15. Derek Disch, 161 (+17)
- T-23. Tim Pridemore, 163 (+19)
- T-33. Ben Landvatter, 166 (+22)
- T-33. Tyler Wood, 166 (+22)
- T-45. Damon Gnewikow, 169 (+25)
- The Warriors begin the defense of their back-to-back conference championships when they play the first two rounds of the NACC Championship on October 10-11 at The Irish Course at Whistling Straits. Tee times for the opening two rounds are scheduled for 10:30 a.m.