HAVEN, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team shot a second-round 313 and sits just four shots back of the lead after rounds one and two of the 2016-2017 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championship played Monday and Tuesday at the Irish Course at Whistling Straits. Garrett Ralston (Machesney Park, Ill./Harlem) is tied for the lead after shooting consecutive rounds of 76.
- Tournament: 2016-2017 NACC Men's Golf Championship
- Location: The Irish Course at Whistling Straits, Haven, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 72, 6,750 Yards
- WLC Team: 3rd of 9 (+67)
- Top WLC Individual: Garrett Ralston (+8), T-1st of 42
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After battling windy conditions and shooting a 330 in Monday's opening round, the Warriors rebounded on Tuesday with a solid round of 313, the second-lowest round of the day.
- Ralston led the Warriors with consecutive rounds of 76 and is tied for the lead heading into the final rounds in the spring. Ralston's 152 ties for the second-lowest two-day total of his career.
- Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis./Tomah) recorded a second-round 78 for a two-day 163.
- Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) and Tyler Wood (Eagan, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) each finished with a 164. Wood showed the biggest improvement over the tournament, lowering his score by 12 strokes from Monday's round.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis./Martin Luther), who was disqualified from Monday's first round, shot an 84 on Tuesday.
- The Warriors, who are tied for third with Concordia Wisconsin's 643, sit just four shots back of frontrunner Marian's 639.
- The Falcons' Bill Jones shot a two-round low 72 on Tuesday and is tied with Ralston for the overall lead.
- T-1. Garrett Ralston, 152 (+8)
- T-16. Damon Gnewikow, 163 (+19)
- T-20. Tim Pridemore, 164 (+20)
- T-20. Tyler Wood, 164 (+20)
- The Warriors will resume their season in the spring with more events, including the final two rounds of the NACC Championship on April 23-24, 2017 at Stonebridge Country Club in Aurora, Ill.