SOUTHERN PINES, N.C. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team shot a season-low 296 en route to winning the Lake Forest Triangular on Tuesday at Southern Pines Golf Club. Garrett Ralston (Machesney Park, Ill./Harlem) and Tyler Wood (Eagan, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) turned in record performances with identical rounds of 71.
- Event: Lake Forest Triangular
- Location: Southern Pines Golf Club, Southern Pines, N.C.
- Course Info: Par 71, 6,268 Yards
- WLC Team: 1st of 4 (+12)
- Top WLC Individual: Garrett Ralston/Tyler Wood (E), T-1st of 25
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ralston and Wood tied for the top spot in the 25-player field after firing career-low rounds of 71 to finish at even-par.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis./Martin Luther) carded a 76 to finish alone in third place at +5.
- Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis./Tomah) and Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) tied for fifth place after turning in 78s, and Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis./Luther Preparatory) was seventh after posting a 79.
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- The Warriors' round of 296 (+12) ties for the second-lowest team round relative to par since 2006.
- WLC, which won its second event of the season, out-shot runner-up Lake Forest "red" by 32 strokes.
- All six players for the Warriors finished within the top seven places.
- Ralston's and Wood's even-par 71 ties for the fourth-lowest individual round since 2006.
- Disch's round of 76 was his second-lowest of the season.
- The 79 for Landvatter was the third-lowest round of his career.
- T-1. Garrett Ralston, 71 (E)
- T-1. Tyler Wood, 71 (E)
- 3. Derick Disch, 76 (+5)
- T-5. Damon Gnewikow, 78 (+7)
- T-5. Tim Pridemore, 78 (+7)
- 7. Ben Landvatter, 79 (+8)
- The Warriors have two weeks off before traveling to St. Louis for the Gorlok Spring Invitational on April 2-3.