GALENA, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis./Tomah) tied for third overall to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team at the Clarke Spring Invitational on Thursday. The Warriors placed fourth out of seven teams with a 325 at the one-day event.
- Event: Clarke Spring Invitational
- Location: Galena Golf Club, Galena, Ill.
- Course Info: Par 71, 6571 Yards
- WLC Team: 4th of 7 (+41)
- Top WLC Individual: Damon Gnewikow (+6), T-3rd of 37
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gnewikow was one of four players to tie for third overall with a 77 in the 37-player field to lead the Warriors. He was the only player in the Warriors lineup to shoot under 80.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis./Martin Luther) finished 15th with an 81.
- Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) tied for 17th with an 83, Garrett Ralston (Machesney Park, Ill./Harlem) was 20th with an 84, and Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis./Luther Preparatory) finished 21st with an 85.
- Wisconsin Lutheran recorded its third straight fourth-place finish after carding a 325.
- Loras won the seven-team tournament with 312, finishing four strokes ahead of second-place Iowa Wesleyan. Blake Forsythe of Iowa Wesleyan earned medalist honors with a 73 (+2), winning the tournament by two shots.
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Gnewikow's third-place finish was the highest finish of his Warriors career. His previous best finish was fifth at the Lake Forest Triangular last month.
- This was the Warriors' fourth time finishing fourth at an event this season.
- T-3. Damon Gnewikow, 77 (+6)
- 15. Derick Disch, 81 (+10)
- T-17. Tim Pridemore, 83 (+12)
- 20. Garrett Ralston, 84 (+13)
- T-21. Ben Landvatter, 85 (+14)
- The Warriors will host the WLC Spring Invitational on Saturday, April 15 at Morningstar Golfers Club in Waukesha. The events begins at 1:00 p.m.