WAUKESHA, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - Garrett Ralston (Machesney Park, Ill./Harlem) finished fourth overall and Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) tied for eighth to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team to a third-place finish out of 13 scoring teams on Saturday at the WLC Spring Invitational played at Morningstar Golfers Club.
- Event: WLC Spring Invitational
- Location: Morningstar Golfers Club, Waukesha, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 72, 6875 Yards
- WLC Team: 3rd of 13 (+19)
- Top WLC Individual: Garrett Ralston (+2), 4th of 80
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ralston posted a fourth-place finish to lead the Warriors in the jam-packed field of 80 players after firing a 74.
- Pridemore also recorded a top-10 finish after tying for eighth with a 76.
- Tyler Wood (Eagan, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) finished one shot in front of teammate Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis./Tomah) for rounds of 78 and 79, respectively.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis./Martin Luther) concluded the team scoring for the Warriors with an 81.
- Competing as individuals, Austin Busler (Oregon, Wis./Oregon) and Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis./Luther Preparatory) carded rounds of 82 and 84, respectively.
- Marian edged runner-up Lake Forest by one shot, 303-304, to collect the top team honor. Lake Forest's Jacob Krugman earned medalist honors with his even-par 72.
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Ralston finished inside the top four for the fifth time this season.
- Gnewikow and Wood have played four consecutive rounds under 80.
- WLC's 307 (+19) was its sixth-best round of the year.
- 4. Garrett Ralston, 74 (+2)
- T-8. Tim Pridemore, 76 (+4)
- T-16. Tyler Wood, 78 (+6)
- T-22. Damon Gnewikow, 79 (+7)
- T-30. Derick Disch, 81 (+9)
- T-37. Austin Busler, 82 (+10)
- T-48. Ben Landvatter, 84 (+12)
- The Warriors will compete in the final two rounds of the NACC Championship on April 23-24 at Stonebridge Country Club in Aurora, Ill. WLC, the two-time defending conference champion, is four shots back of the lead in third place heading into the final two rounds.