WEST DUNDEE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team finished 11th at the Carthage Fall Classic Friday and Saturday at Randall Oaks Golf Club. The Warriors shot 310 in the first round and finished the event with a 318 for a total of 628 (+60).
- Tournament: Carthage Fall Classic
- Location: Randall Oaks Golf Club, West Dundee, Ill.
- Course Info: Par 71, 6,598 Yards
- WLC Team: 11th of 20 (+60)
- Top WLC Individual: Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis.), Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis.) (+11), T-24th of 108
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Disch registered the low team round of the tournament with his first-round 71, good for a career-low and even-par. He tied for third overall after the first round, before shooting an 82 in the second round to finish at 153.
- Pridemore recorded scores of 75 and 78 to match Disch's two-day total of 153 (+11).
- Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis.) shot rounds of 81 and 76 for a total score of 157 (+15) and tied for 45th.
- Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis.) carded rounds of 84 and 82 for a total of 166 (+24) to complete the team scoring for the Warriors.
- Johnny Kositzky Jr. (Escanaba, Mich.) posted a two-round 175 (83-92).
- Individually, Quinn Schultz (Chaseburg, Wis.) totaled a 161 after rounds of 78 and 83.
- T-24. Derick Disch, 153 (+11)
- T-24. Tim Pridemore, 153 (+11)
- T-45. Damon Gnewikow, 157 (+15)
- T-71. Quinn Schultz, 161 (+19)
- T-90. Ben Landvatter, 166 (+24)
- 106. Johnny Kositzky Jr., 175 (+33)
FOR THE FOES
- Illinois Wesleyan won the 20-team tournament, carding team rounds of 294 and 287 for a two-day 581, two shots better than host and runner-up Carthage.
- IWU's Andrew Abel and Carthage's Matt Meneghetti tied for the lowest two rounds of the 108-player tournament with scores of 140 (-2).
- The Warriors travel to Minnesota next Saturday and Sunday for the Saint John's Fall Invitational. Tee time Saturday is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. at Blackberry Ridge Golf Club and 8:00 a.m. Sunday at GreyStone Golf Club.