MILWAUKEE - First-place MSOE scored twice in the second half to break a scoreless tie at halftime as the visiting Raiders topped the host Warriors 2-0 Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors dropped to 7-6-0 overall and 1-3-0 in the NACC after being shutout in back-to-back games for the first time this season. MSOE upped its mark to 9-3-0 overall and a perfect 4-0-0 in conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Raiders' Braden Andryk broke the scoreless tie just :39 seconds into the second half, assisted by Logan Andryk.
- The same duo hooked up for MSOE's second goal of the match in the 69th minute for the final 2-0 tally.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors were narrowly outshot 12-11 for the game and 7-4 in shots on goal. WLC led the first half shot count 7-6 before MSOE held a 6-4 advantage in the second half.
- Jake Semmann (Grafton, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) had three shots to pace the Warriors' attack. Braden Andryk led MSOE with five shots.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) corralled five saves for WLC. MSOE's Garrett Farin made four saves, all in the first half.
- Wisconsin Lutheran will play just one game next week, a road contest Tuesday at eight-time defending NACC champion Dominican (6-4-2, 4-1-0 NACC). Live stats and video of the 4 p.m. NACC showdown will be available at wlcsports.com.