Oct 24, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team fell 3-0 in its final home game of the 2015 season on Senior Day against the MSOE Raiders at Warrior Soccer Field on Saturday afternoon.
- Final Score: MSOE 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (8-8-1, 4-4-1 NACC), MSOE (12-4-0, 7-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 212
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Raiders got on the board first in the 27th minute when Braden Andryk connected with his brother Logan Andryk for his 14th goal of the year to put the Raiders up 1-0.
- One minute later, Logan Andryk would once again find the back of the net from just inside the box to put the Raiders up 2-0 at the half.
- MSOE would score once more in the 61st minute when Sean Tobbert was able to beat the keeper off his own rebound for his second goal of the season.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Raiders out-shot the Warriors 28-5 in the game and held a 13-2 shot on goal advantage.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) recorded a season-high 10 saves in the net for WLC.
- Matt Bishop (Sarasota, Fla./Sarasota) and Nick Zupinski (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) recorded a shot on goal for the Warriors.
- Logan Andryk led the way for the Raiders with 10 shots, six shots on goal, and two scores.
- Sean Stelter saved the only two shots that were on goal in the net for the Raiders.
- The Warriors honored their seven seniors in Teffie Joyce (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran), Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy), Matt Schmidt (Wauwatosa, Wis./East), Ryan Kurth (Pleasant Prairie, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran), Nate Wasser (Lake Geneva, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran), Reed Luengen (Slinger, Wis./Slinger), and Bishop during a halftime ceremony.
- The Warriors wrap up their regular season Wednesday when they travel to face Marian (11-5-1, 4-4-1 NACC) at 7 p.m. The winner of the contest will clinch the final spot in the six-team conference tournament which begins next weekend. WLC can secure as high as the fifth seed with a win and a Benedictine loss. Live stats and video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com. Marian fell to Benedictine 3-1 on home on Saturday.