WATERTOWN, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Chase Maxwell (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) scored his first collegiate goal in 92' to lift the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team to a 2-1 non-conference victory over Maranatha Baptist on a rainy Saturday afternoon at Maranatha Field.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 2, Maranatha Baptist 1 (OT)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-4-2), Maranatha Baptist (2-8-0)
- Location: Maranatha Field, Watertown, Wis. | Attendance: 128
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WLC got on the board early in the 9' when Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) found the back of the net off a deflection from Maxwell for his team-leading sixth score of the season.
- The Sabercats answered in the final minute of regulation when Wira Wama knotted the score at 1-1 following a cross to the six meter mark from Nathan Akers.
- The Warriors got the difference maker early on in overtime as Maxwell connected on a cross from Juan Serna (Milwaukee, Wis./St. Anthony) to end the game.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The shot count remained close throughout the match, resulting in the Warriors holding the 22-18 advantage, including 10-3 in shots on goal.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) collected the victory in goal for WLC, making two saves.
- Graham Ver Velde (Oostburg, Wis./Sheboygan County Christian) led the Warriors with five shots.
- Maxwell recorded three points in the match with a goal and an assist.
- Wama led MBU with eight shots and Andrew Taylor saved eight shots on goal.
- The Warriors are now 1-0-2 in overtime contests this season.
- The Warriors return to conference action on Wednesday night when they host Concordia Chicago (2-7-0, 0-3-0 NACC) at 7:00 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The Cougars are currently on a four-game losing skid after falling 4-2 to Edgewood on Saturday. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.