MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - Head Coach Joe Luedke won his 100th career game and the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team remained unbeaten at Warrior Soccer Field following a 2-0 shutout over Concordia Chicago on Wednesday night.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 2, Concordia Chicago 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (8-4-2, 4-1-0 NACC), Concordia Chicago (2-8-0, 0-4-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 121
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the 7' when Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) connected with Enrqiue Arreola (Anna, Ill./Anna-Jonesboro) directly off a corner kick for an early lead.
- The score remained 1-0 in favor of the Warriors through the rest of the half, with WLC out-shooting CUC 15-6.
- Yussef Sahraoui (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) provided some much-needed insurance for the Warriors in the 69' after he tapped in a header from Juan Serna (Milwaukee, Wis./St. Anthony) coming from another Gronholz corner kick.
- Warriors goalkeeper Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) didn't face any targeted shots the rest of the way en route to collecting his fifth shutout of the season.
- The Warriors peppered the CUC goalkeeper with 23 shots in the second half, compared to eight for the Cougars.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Gronholz guided the Warriors' attack with seven shots to bring his season total to a league-best 66. His two assists also ties him for the NACC lead with seven.
- Arreola, Sahraoui, and Nick Zupinski (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) recorded five shots each for WLC, which finished with 38 for its second highest output of the season.
- Lehnen saved all four shots he faced and moved to second in the league with his fifth clean sheet.
- Gibril Jobe led the Cougars with four shots. Roberto Aragon made 17 saves playing all 90:00 in net for CUC.
- The Warriors won their fifth straight over the Cougars and improved their record to 12-2-1 in the all-time series.
- Luedke won his 100th career game as head men's soccer coach at Wisconsin Lutheran.
- The Warriors remain home on Saturday for a 3:30 p.m. NACC showdown against conference unbeaten Benedictine (8-3-1, 4-0-0 NACC). Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com. The Eagles defeated Concordia Wisconsin 1-0 this afternoon in Mequon.