MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team played to yet another 2-2 draw against MSOE on Saturday afternoon at Viets Field behind a Nick Zupinski (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) goal with just over two minutes remaining in regulation.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 2, MSOE 2 (2 OT)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (8-6-4, 4-3-2 NACC), MSOE (10-7-1, 5-3-1 NACC)
- Location: Viets Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 155
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors jumped out to 1-0 lead in the 18' when Marco Perez (Milwaukee, Wis./Hamilton) blasted a shot into the goal from 30 yards out for his first goal of the season.
- The WLC lead would only last four minutes when in the 22' Brandon Herman's free kick ricocheted off a WLC defender and into the goal. The score was deadlocked at 1-1 through halftime.
- The Raiders would take a 2-1 lead in the 76' on an unassisted breakaway goal by Braden Andryk.
- WLC's Zupinski was able to knot the score at 2-2 in the 88' on a received cross that he fired off a defender into the goal.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC doubled-up the Raiders in the shot count, 26-13, including 13-8 in shots on goal.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) recorded six saves playing all 110:00 minutes in net for the Warriors.
- Teon Fountain (Madison, Wis./Memorial) led the Warriors with seven shots, while Perez tallied five more.
- MSOE's Andryk posted seven shots and six on target for the Raiders.
- The Warriors' four draws are the most of any season in program history.
- The Warriors, who are currently fifth in the NACC standings, can lock up a NACC Tournament berth before the night is over. WLC will conlcude its regular season on Wednesday when it hosts Marian (5-8-1, 3-4-1 NACC) at 7:00 p.m. The Sabres are playing at Benedictine this evening. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCsports.com.