DE PERE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Eight unanswered goals cost the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team as they dropped a road non-conference match against St. Norbert, 8-1, Wednesday night at Schneider Stadium.
- Final Score: St. Norbert 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-2-1), St. Norbert (3-2-0)
- Location: Schneider Stadium, De Pere, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors got on the board just over a minute into the match when Juan Serna (Milwaukee, Wis.) put back a rebound off a shot from Ryan White (East Troy, Wis.) for this third goal of the season.
- SNC knotted the score up at 1-1 in the 14' minute from a free kick.
- The hosts scored three more goals in the opening half to take a 4-1 lead into the locker room.
- SNC held a 12-2 advantage in shots in the first 45 minutes of action.
- St. Norbert scored four goals in the second half to push the final to 8-1.
- Six different Green Knight players found the back of the net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Serna scored his third goal of the year for WLC.
- Five different Warriors recorded a shot in the match.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla.) recorded four saves in 90 minutes in goal for the Warriors.
- SNC out-shot Wisconsin Lutheran 25-5, including 12-1 on goal.
FOR THE FOES
- Ben Prange and Hunter Sullivan led the way for the Green Knights with two goals each.
- Three different goalkeepers saw the pitch for St. Norbert but did not record a save.
- SNC improved to 3-0 all-time against WLC.
- The Warriors return to action Saturday afternoon when they host UW-Plateville (4-1-0). Kickoff is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. at Warriors Soccer Field. The Pioneers have won four straight, including a 2-1 victory Wednesday night against Aurora. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.