MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – A late first-half goal from Rockford proved to be the difference as the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team dropped a tough 1-0 decision against the Regents Saturday afternoon during an extremely warm day at Warriors Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Rockford 1, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-4-1, 1-1-0 NACC), Rockford (2-6-1, 1-1-0 NACC)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Regents found the back of the net in the 43' minute when Brandon Oeltjenbruns scored his second goal of the year from 15 yards out.
- Rockford held a 10-6 shot advantage in the opening half and carried the 1-0 lead into halftime.
- WLC's best chance at a goal came on a free kick in the 81' minute, but a Regents defender blocked it before getting to the keeper.
- Neither team scored in the second half as RU held onto the 1-0 lead for a conference victory.
- Rockford out-shot the Warriors 22-13 in the contest.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis.) led the Warriors with four shots, two coming on goal.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Meyers, Fla.) corralled 12 saves in net for the hosts.
- The Warriors suffered their first loss against the Regents in their 12th all-time meeting.
FOR THE FOES
- Jose Ortega and Alonzo Carrillo led the Regents with four shots each.
- Jose Cruz recorded the assist on Rockford's lone goal.
- Anthony Beck collected three saves in net.
- The Regents snapped a two-game losing streak.
- The Warriors continue NACC play when they host Aurora (5-5-0, 0-1-0 NACC) Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. The Spartans suffered a 4-3 overtime defeat to Edgewood Saturday. Live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.