MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team dropped its second straight Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference match Wednesday night, falling 3-0 to the Aurora Spartans at Warriors Soccer Field. This is the first time the Warriors have lost consecutive conference games since the 2014 season.
- Final Score: Aurora 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-5-1, 1-2-0 NACC), Aurora (6-5-0, 1-1-0 NACC)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Spartans took a 1-0 lead in the 14' minute following a Andrew Grabowski header that was scored off a deflected shot from Xavier Ortiz.
- Aurora added its second score in the 37' minute off a long shot from Ortiz that found the bottom corner of the net from Nicholas Rohl.
- Just two minutes into the second half, AU netted its final tally off a corner kick from Collin Foreman to Riley Hutchison for the 3-0 final.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors recorded 17 shots in the match, but just five on target. Jake Buhler (Greenville, Wis.) led Wisconsin Lutheran with six shots and two on goal.
- Marco Perez (Milwaukee, Wis.) and Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis.) added three shots each for WLC.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla.) made six saves for the Warriors in 90:00 minutes in net.
- The loss snaps a streak dating back to 2014 since Wisconsin Lutheran last lost consecutive conference matches.
FOR THE FOES
- Collin Foreman registered a match-best seven of Aurora's 21 shots for the game. He also had three of the team's 10 shots on goal. Xavier Ortiz tallied a goal and an assist.
- Phillip Lewy made five saves for the Spartans to collect the clean sheet.
- The Warriors continue their season-long four-match homestand Saturday when they host Maranatha (4-5-0) at 5:00 p.m. in non-conference action. The Sabercats dropped their third straight match Tuesday to Illinois Tech, 3-2. The game is the first of a doubleheader with the women's team for the Pack The Park event. Live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.