MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team dropped its fourth straight conference game after a tough 1-0 loss against cross-town conference rival MSOE Saturday afternoon at Viets Field.
- Final Score: MSOE 1, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (5-7-1, 1-4-0 NACC), MSOE (8-3-0, 4-1-0 NACC)
- Location: Viets Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Neither team found the back of the net in the opening half despite the Warriors holding a significant 16-4 advantage in shots, including 7-1 in shots on goal.
- The lone tally of the match came in the 75' minute when the Raiders' Stephen Bagin scored off a rebounded shot from Braden Andryk.
- WLC had one final shot to force extra time, but Raiders goalie, Riley Bruce, saved a shot from Ivan Herrera (Milwaukee, Wis.) in the 87' minute.
- MSOE out-shot the Warriors 9-2 in the second half of action.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis.) led the Warriors with five shots, three on goal, while Herrera added four of his own.
- Wisconsin Lutheran out-shot the hosts, 18-13 in the contest.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Meyers, Fla.) made five saves in net.
FOR THE FOES
- Andryk paced the Raiders with six shots, and Bagin added four.
- Bagin's goal was his second of the season.
- Bruce earned his second consecutive NACC shutout with nine saves in the match.
- MSOE snapped a two-match winless streak against the Warriors.
- The Warriors continue their four-game road trip Wednesday with a game at Edgewood (8-4-0, 3-3 NACC) at 7:00 p.m. at Breese Stevens Field in Madison. The Eagles improved to 6-0 at home this year following a 3-0 win over Concordia Chicago Saturday. Links to live stats and video will be available on WLCSports.com.