MADISON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - A pair of first-half goals from Edgewood's Ryan Henry just 1:44 apart proved to be the difference as the host Eagles handed the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team a 3-1 defeat Wednesday night at Breese Stevens Field.
- Final Score: Edgewood 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (5-8-1, 1-5-0 NACC), Edgewood (9-4-0, 4-3-0 NACC)
- Location: Breese Stevens Field, Madison, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles' Ryan Henry connected on a diving header off a free kick from Garrett Lee in the 13' minute for a 1-0 lead over the Warriors.
- Henry gave the hosts a 2-0 lead less than two minutes later when he headed the second ball off a corner kick from Henry Simon and Lee.
- Edgewood led 2-0 at halftime and out-shot Wisconsin Lutheran 10-3 through the first 45:00 minutes of play.
- EC made it 3-0 in the 64' minute after Victor Lombardino scored off a failed clear attempt on a shot that deflected off a Warriors player.
- Following a foul in the box in the 74' minute, WLC's Connor Schodorf (Appleton, Wis.) converted the penalty kick for his second goal of the season.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla.) denied an Eagles penalty kick in the 84' minute after he made an incredible diving save to his left.
- The Warriors put three of their four shots on the target in the second half and out-shot the Eagles, 8-7.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors finished with 11 shots for the game, including two each from Schodorf, Marco Perez (Milwaukee, Wis.), Yussef Sahraoui (South Milwaukee, Wis.), and Ivan Herrera (Milwaukee, Wis.).
- Lehnen made seven saves for Wisconsin Lutheran, with five coming in the first half.
- WLC had 11 corner kicks, all in the second half, to EC's five.
FOR THE FOES
- Lombardino and Jordan Stark led the Eagles with five shots apiece. Edgewood finished with 17 shots for the game, including 10 on target.
- Brandyn Storhoff made four saves for EC in 90:00 minutes in net.
- The Eagles, who improved to 7-0 on their home turf, won for the ninth time in their last 10 against the Warriors.
- The Warriors play the third of four straight road games Saturday when they travel to River Forest, Illinois for a 12:30 p.m. matchup with Concordia Chicago (2-10-0, 2-4-0 NACC). The Cougars dropped their fourth straight game Wednesday to MSOE, 2-0. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.