MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – Five second-half goals from visiting Dominican broke a halftime tie as the Stars topped the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team by a score of 6-1 Saturday afternoon at Warriors Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Dominican 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-10-1, 2-7-0 NACC), Dominican (11-4-0, 7-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dominican took the lead early with a goal from Cesar Franco in the 10' minute from three yards out.
- Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis.) scored his team-leading seventh goal of the season to knot the score at 1-1 in the 25' minute.
- The score remained deadlocked going into halftime with the Stars holding a 9-4 advantage in shots.
- Jonathan Arzeta's sixth goal of the season from three yards out broke the tie in the 51' minute.
- Isaac Perez added an insurance goal shortly after in the 53' minute to extend the Stars' lead to 3-1.
- Just a minute later, Nicolo Vitale put back a rebounded shot from Denis Soldo to push DU's lead to 4-1.
- Vitale scored his second goal of the match in the 59' minute for his 13th goal of the season.
- Soldo found the back of the net one final time for Dominican off a throw-in in the 69' minute.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Gronholz led Wisconsin Lutheran's attack with three shots and two on goal.
- Juan Serna (Milwaukee, Wis.) and Ivan Herrera (Milwaukee, Wis.) each contributed two shots, one on goal, to aid in the WLC attack.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla.) made eight saves in the contest for the Warriors.
FOR THE FOES
- Dominican out-shot the Warriors 26-7 in the match, including 17-3 in the second half.
- Vitale recorded six shots and two goals in the contest.
- Five different Stars scored in the match with four different players recording an assist.
- Aaron Menyes improved his record to 6-1-0 in goal for DU, making two saves in 83:08 in goal.
- The Warriors conclude their season Wednesday when they host defending NACC champion Benedictine (12-5-0, 7-2-0) at Warriors Soccer Field. Kickoff for Senior Night is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. The Eagles, who defeated Wisconsin Lutheran in the NACC Tournament championship game last season, have won five straight with the last victory coming Saturday afternoon against Marian by a count of 1-0. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.