Mar 03, 2017
BROOKFIELD, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's tennis team was defeated 8-1 in non-conference play by Loras on Friday night at Elite Sports Club.
- Final Score: Loras 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-9), Loras (3-1)
- Location: Elite Sports Club, Brookfield, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Duhawks collected three doubles wins to start the match, as they defeated the Warriors by scores of 8-1, 8-4, and by default.
- Ben Wordell (Mequon, Wis./Christian Academy in Japan) won his first match of the season for Wisconsin Lutheran at No. 2 singles, defeating Loras' Kevin Murphy in three sets 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-8).
- Unfortunately it would be the only win for WLC on the night, as Loras claimed straight set wins in four of the remaining five singles contests.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC matched-up against its fifth non-conference opponent from the Iowa Conference this season.
- The Duhawks improved to 3-1 all-time over the Warriors.
- The Warriors have another quick turnaround when they host Calvin (5-0) on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at Elite Sports Club in Brookfield for their final home non-conference match of the season. The Knights defeated Ripon 9-0 earlier tonight.