BROOKFIELD, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's tennis team concluded the home portion of its non-conference schedule on Saturday afternoon with a 9-0 defeat against Calvin at Elite Sports Club.
- Final Score: Calvin 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-10), Calvin (7-0)
- Location: Elite Sports Club, Brookfield, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The undefeated Knights opened the match by winning all three doubles matches, 8-4, 8-3, and by default.
- Calvin also won all six of the singles matches with the first five coming in straight sets and the final one by default.
- The Warriors' closest contested match of the afternoon came at No. 1 doubles where Derek Sallmann (Waukesha, Wis./West) and Jon Wordell (Mequon, Wis./Christian Academy in Japan) dropped an 8-4 decision to Calvin's C.V. Guzman Rodrigo and David Brown.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Today's matchup was just the second meeting all-time between Calvin and Wisconsin Lutheran, with the Knights leading the brief series 2-0.
- The Warriors will travel to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina over spring break for three matches, the first one against Marietta (1-1) on March 14 at 2:30 p.m. The match will be the first of the spring season for the Pioneers.