MADISON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The sixth-seeded Wisconsin Lutheran College men's tennis team was defeated by third-seeded Edgewood, 5-1, on Monday night in a NACC Tournament First Round match at the John Powless Tennis Center.
- Final Score: Edgewood 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-19), Edgewood (10-15)
- Location: John Powless Tennis Center, Madison, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors opened doubles play with two tightly-contested defeats against the Eagles. Wisconsin Lutheran dropped No. 1 doubles, 8-6, before falling 8-4 at No. 2. WLC collected its first win at No. 3 where David Ullerich (Milwaukee, Wis./Martin Luther) and Jake Larson (McHenry, Ill./Faith Lutheran) were 8-3 winners.
- Edgewood earned three singles wins to clinch the match. EC was victorious at No. 1 (6-2, 6-0), No. 4 (6-2, 6-4), and No. 5 (6-4, 6-2). Matches at No. 2, No. 3, and No. 6 went unfinished when the match was decided.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors made their fifth consecutive appearance in the NACC Tournament, but were handed a loss by the Eagles for the third straight year in postseason play.
- Larson and Ullerich finished their season with a 2-2 record as doubles partners.
- Wisconsin Lutheran played 22 matches this season, the second-most in program history.