BROOKFIELD, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's tennis team won for the third time in its last five matches after defeating Lakeland, 7-2, this afternoon at Elite Sports Club. The Warriors evened their conference record at 3-3, matching last year's conference wins total with two matches remaining.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 7, Lakeland 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-13, 3-3 NACC), Lakeland (1-6, 1-2 NACC)
- Location: Elite Sports Club, Brookfield, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors began the match against the Muskies by winning two of three doubles matches. Jonny Wordell (Mequon, Wis.) and David Ullerich (Milwaukee, Wis.) were 8-3 winners at No. 1 and Jeremy Ryno (Grayslake, Ill.) and Matt Plaski (Milwaukee, Wis.) won 8-4 at No. 2. It was the fourth doubles win of the season for Wordell and Ullerich and the first for Plaski and Ryno as playing partners.
- Wisconsin Lutheran won its four matches in singles play in straight sets. Wordell was a 6-2, 6-4 winner at No. 1, Ryno was victorious 6-1, 6-0 at No. 2, Plaski posted a 6-1, 6-3 victory at No. 3, and Ullerich claimed a 6-1, 6-1 win at No. 4. Jake Larson (McHenry, Ill.) concluded singles play with a 6-2, 6-4 win at No. 6. Wordell won his team-leading fifth match of the season for the Warriors playing for the first time at No. 1 singles.
- The Warriors play their final two conference matches of the season Saturday in Illinois. WLC will play Dominican (3-4, 1-1 NACC) at 10:00 a.m. and Concordia Chicago (0-4, 0-2 NACC) at 2:00 p.m.