KENOSHA, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's indoor track & field team competed on Saturday at the 2017 NACC Indoor Championships, finishing seventh out of nine scoring teams with 12 points inside Carthage's Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center.
- Final Results: 7th of 9, 12 Points
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center, Kenosha, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) finished fourth in the 800-meter run with a season-best time of 2:00.59.
- WLC's distance medley relay team of Josh Eickhoff (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran), Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill./Hoffman Estates), Elijah Tesch (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran), and Brady Stuck (Germantown, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) placed fifth with a season-best time of 11:32.96.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's 4x400-meter relay team of Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich./Luther Preparatory), Shemron Ross (Grand Anse, Grenada/Happy Hill Secondary), Bruemmer, and Donart also finished sixth with a season-best time of 3:39.50.
- Caleb Hintz (Whitewater, Wis./Whitewater) threw a season-best in the shot put with a distance of 11.75 meters.
- Colin Kaurich (Cicero, Ind./Hamilton Heights) also threw a season-best in the weight throw with a mark of 8.23 meters.
- Adam Pagel (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) had season-best throws in both the shot put (10.29 meters) and weight throw (10.19 meters).
- Stuck also ran a personal-best in the 3,000 meters in a time of 9:59.54.
- Jared Traver (Janesville, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) ran a season-best in the 200-meter dash with a time of 26.05.
- Schamber and Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) also posted season-best times in the 55-meter hurdles (8.86) and 5,000 meters (16:33.94), respectively.
- Benedictine won its second straight NACC men's indoor title with 242.50 points.
- The Warriors will compete again next Friday at the Gill Athletics Final Qualifier. Events are scheduled to get underway at 4:00 p.m. inside the Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center.