DE PERE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis./Waukesha North) broke the school record in the 3000 meters to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's track & field team at the St. Norbert Twilight on Thursday at Schneider Stadium. The Warriors finished seventh with 61 points at the nine-team event.
- Final Results: 7th of 9, 61 Points
- Location: Schneider Stadium, De Pere, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jodat won the 3000 meters in a school and personal-record time of 8:52.93, breaking the previous record by nearly :06 seconds, while finishing ahead of the second-place finisher by almost :30 seconds. Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) also competed in the event, placing seventh in 9:37.16.
- Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich./Luther Preparatory) placed second in the 400-meter hurdles in a season-best 58.26.
- Brady Stuck (Germantown, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) competed in his first-ever 3000-meter steeplechase and finished third in 10:59.25.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) was fourth in the 800 meters in a personal-best time of 2:00.20.
- Jonah Jahns (Germantown, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) sprinted to a fifth-place finish in the 400-meter dash (50.92) and sixth-place in the 200-meter dash (23.41).
- Josh Eickhoff (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran) ran a personal-best 17:47.04 in the 5000 meters and Ka Yu Tse (Kowloon, Hong Kong/St. Croix Lutheran) was seventh in the 1500 meters in 5:17.20.
- The Warriors' 4x100-meter relay team was second in 46.10 and the 4x400-meter relay team was sixth in 4:05.83.
- Meet host St. Norbert collected 168 points to top the nine-team field.
- Wisconsin Lutheran returns to De Pere on April 22 for the St. Norbert Invitational. Events begin at 10:30 a.m.