DE PERE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Jonah Jahns (Germantown, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) and Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) took home first-place finishes today in the 400 and 10,000 meters, respectively, to lead the Warriors at the St. Norbert Invitational. WLC placed fourth out of 12 scoring teams on Saturday at the Schneider Stadium.
- Final Results: 4th of 12, 59 Points
- Location: Schneider Stadium, De Pere, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jahns sprinted to a first-place finish out of 15 competitors in the 400-meter dash, finishing in a season-best time of 50.79 seconds. Cano-Telles also cruised to a first-place finish in the 10,000 meters in a time of 34:06.37.
- Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich./Luther Preparatory) finished second in the 400-meter hurdles in a personal-best time of 58.11 seconds and fourth in the 110-meter hurdles (17:37 seconds).
- Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis./Waukesha North) placed third in the 1,500-meter run with a season-best time of 4:03.71. Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) crossed the line right behind Jodat to place fourth in the 1,500 in a time of 4:15.55.
- Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill./Hoffman Estates) finished sixth in the 110-meter hurdles in 19.76 seconds.
- Brady Stuck (Germantown, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) placed sixth in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a season-best time of 10:39.09.
- The Warriors' 4x400-meter relay team placed fourth in a time of 3:32.22 and the 4x100-meter relay team was fifth with a time of 45.60.
- Invite host St. Norbert won the team title with 208 points, 129 more than runner-up Ripon.
- The Warriors travel to Beloit next Friday and Saturday for the Beloit Relays. Events begin at 5:00 p.m. Friday and 10:00 a.m. Saturday at Strong Stadium.