DE PERE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Jonah Jahns (Germantown, Wis.) took home two second-place finishes to lead the way for the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's track & field team Thursday at the season-opening St. Norbert Twilight. The Warriors placed fifth out of eight scoring teams with 71 points.
- Event: St. Norbert Twilight
- Final Results: 5th of 8, 71 Points
- Location: Schneider Stadium, De Pere, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jahns sprinted to second-place finishes in the 100-meter dash and 400-meter dash, finishing with times of 11.37 and 50.35 seconds, respectively.
- Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich.) placed second in the 400-meter hurdles (57.57 seconds) and fourth in the 110-meter hurdles (16:74 seconds).
- Sasha Bornschegl (Rochester, Minn.) was fourth in the discus with a throw of 33.92 meters and fifth in shot put with a distance 12.45 meters.
- Adam Pagel (Kenosha, Wis.) competed in the hammer throw finishing fourth with a personal-best throw of 36.09 meters, seventh in discus with a toss of 29.33 meters, and eighth in the shot put with a mark of 10.56 meters.
- Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) ran to a sixth-place finish in the 800 meters with a time of 2:03.91.
- Brady Stuck (Germantown, Wis.) placed sixth in the 3000-meter run with a time of 9:39.25.
- Collin Hoskins (Rochester, Minn.) finished sixth in high jump with a height of 1.65 meters.
- Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill.) and Jared Traver (Janesville, Wis.) finished sixth (40.68 meters) and eighth (32.53 meters) in the javelin throw, respectively.
- Tyree Gamble (Huntsville, Texas) competed in the 100 meters, running a time of 11.79 seconds for eighth.
- Jake Vallee (Marengo, Ill.) placed eighth in the long jump with a leap of 5.54 meters.
- Michigan Tech won the eight-team invitational with 270.5 points.
- The Warriors travel to Beloit next Saturday for the Wisconsin Private College Championships. Events begin at 10:30 a.m. inside Strong Stadium.