ROCK ISLAND, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's cross country team posted its highest finish ever at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regional Saturday afternoon at Saukie Golf Course. The Warriors placed 20th out of 36 scoring teams with a total of 577 points as Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis.) led the team with a 22nd-place finish in a personal-best, school, and conference record time of 24:11.8.
- Event: 2017 NCAA Division III Midwest Regional
- Location: Saukie Golf Course, Rock Island, Ill.
- WLC Team: 20th of 36, 577 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Jacob Jodat, 22nd of 254, 24:11.8
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Jodat raced to a 22nd-place finish with a personal-best 8K time of 24:11.8. He shattered the previous school (25:03) and conference (24:38) records en route to a top-25 placing.
- Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) ran a personal-best time of 25:55.1 to place 114th.
- Brady Stuck (Hubertus, Wis.) placed 145th in a personal-best of 26:36.5.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis.) crossed the line just behind Stuck to place 146th in a personal-best of 26:37.7.
- Daniel Bronner (Hartland, Wis.) rounded out the Warriors' top five in a time of 26:43.8 and a 152nd-place finish.
- Wisconsin Lutheran was second among NACC schools with scoring teams at the event.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Josh Eickhoff (Manitowoc, Wis.) ran a personal-best of 28:35.3 and Elijah Tesch (Sun Prairie, Wis.) concluded the lineup for the Warriors in a finishing time of 30:02.3.
- UW-Eau Claire's Darin Lau took home the individual 254-runner title with his 8K time of 23:21.5.
- North Central (Ill.) ran all seven of its runners inside the top 30 to claim the regional team title for the second year in a row with 34 points, besting runner-up UW-La Crosse by 47 points.