KISSIMMEE, Fla. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team suffered a pair of losses on Monday at the Rebel Spring Games, falling to Illinois College, 6-3, and Transylvania, 6-1, at the Osceola County Softball Complex.
- Scores: Illinois College 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 3; Transylvania 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Location: Osceola County Softball Complex, Kissimmee, Fla.
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-3), Illinois College (4-2), Transylvania (5-3)
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Illinois College broke open a scoreless game after 3 and 1/2 innings by scoring four runs on four hits in its half of the fourth.
- The Warriors plated their first run of the game the next half inning when Paris McCullum (Kokomo, Ind./Kokomo) singled home Brea Johnson (Cumberland, Wis./Cumberland).
- The Lady Blues added two more runs in the fifth on a pair of RBI doubles for a 6-1 lead.
- Wisconsin Lutheran left the bases loaded in the sixth without scoring a run, but rallied in the seventh and scored twice off a two-run single from Melissa Ericson (Lisle, Ill./Lisle).
- The Warriors left at least one runner on base every inning and stranded 12 for the game.
- Kaitlyn Robison (Andalusia, Ill./Rockridge) and Savanah Frank (Crystal Lake, Ill./Central) recorded two hits each for WLC, which out-hit IC 11-9 for the game.
- Frank allowed six runs (five earned) in 4.2 innings of work for the Warriors. She fanned two and walked a pair.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- The Warriors scored an early unearned run in the first after Robison reached on an error, stole third, and then scored on another error by the Pioneers.
- Transylvania tied the game at 1-1 in the fifth with a solo homerun.
- The Pioneers plated four runs in their next half inning to break open the game at 5-1 and added an insurance run in the seventh on an error for a 6-1 lead.
- Taylor Bjork (Horicon, Wis./Horicon) and Abby Mahsem (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) each went 2-for-3 to lead the Warriors at the plate.
- Bjork gave up three runs on six hits in 5.0 innings in the circle to suffer her first loss of the year. She struckout five without walking a batter.
FOR THE FOES
- Shelby Koehler went 3-for-3 with two RBI and a walk for the Lady Blues in the opener. Mariah Hedges scattered 11 hits and allowed three runs to collect the win in the circle.
- Lauren Willett batted 2-for-3 with two RBI to lead the Pioneers in game two. Jenna Stiles pitched 4.0 innings of two-hit, one-run ball to earn the win.
- The Warriors are back in action early tomorrow for two games at 8:00 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. CST against Mt. St. Mary (1-1) and Albright (1-1) at the Osceola County Softball Complex.