KISSIMMEE, Fla. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team suffered its second and third straight defeats on Wednesday, falling 13-0 to Cornell College in 5.0 innings and 7-3 to Mt. St. Joseph at the Rebel Spring Games at the Osceola County Softball Complex.
- Scores: Cornell College 13, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (5 Inn.); Mt. St. Joseph 7, Wisconsin Lutheran 3
- Location: Osceola County Softball Complex, Kissimmee, Fla.
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-6), Cornell College (7-2), Mt. St. Joseph (7-3)
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Cornell College scored early and often in the early going against the Warriors. The host Rams scored four runs in the first inning on four hits and added another in the second. WLC escaped even further damage by turning double-plays in each of the first two innings.
- The Rams broke the game open in the third with five runs on six hits for a 10-0 lead. They added three more in the fourth and the game ended via run-rule after 4 and 1/2 innings.
- The Warriors had at least one runner on base in four of their five innings at the dish, but couldn't plate a run across.
- Karah Ritacco (Chicago, Ill./Trinity) had two of the Warriors' seven hits in the game. Taylor Bjork (Horicon, Wis./Horicon) gave up five runs (four earned) over 2.0 innings in the circle for Wisconsin Lutheran.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Mt. St. Joseph plated a first-inning run on a two-out double for an early 1-0 lead.
- The Lions scored four more two-out runs in the second inning, but they were of the unearned variety as they benefited from three Warriors miscues in the field.
- After a solo homerun in the fourth, the Warriors scored twice in the fifth on a RBI groundout from Sam Humphreys (Jackson, Ohio/Jackson) and a throwing error from the Lions' catcher.
- WLC closed the gap to four runs in the sixth when Savanah Frank (Crystal Lake, Ill./Central) drove home Abby Mahsem (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) with a RBI double to center.
- Wisconsin Lutheran was retired in order in the seventh for a 7-3 final score.
- Frank and Kaitlyn Robison (Andalusia, Ill./Rockridge) each collected three hits in the game for WLC, which finished with nine for the game. Frank battled for 7.0 innings in the circle, throwing 131 pitches and allowing just two earned runs.
FOR THE FOES
- Tirzah Sisneros was one of five Rams players with two hits. She added three RBI and scored a run. Haley Harmon scattered seven hits over 5.0 shutout innings to pickup the win.
- Katie Hoelmer went 4-for-4 with three RBI and one run scored in game two for the Lions. Danielle Nichelson gave up two earned run on nine hits over 7.0 innings in the circle.
- Wisconsin Lutheran concludes its trip to the Rebel Spring Games tomorrow when it faces Loras (4-0) at 10:15 a.m. CST and Utica (3-3) at 12:30 p.m. CST.