ROSEMONT, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team suffered its fourth series sweep in NACC play on Wednesday night, as host Dominican defeated the visiting Warriors by scores of 5-3 and 6-0 at the Ballpark at Rosemont.
- Scores: Dominican 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 3; Dominican 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Location: The Ballpark at Rosemont, Rosemont, Ill.
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (9-19, 6-10 NACC), Dominican (25-9, 10-6 NACC)
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Ellen Davis (Greendale, Wis./Greendale) got the Warriors on the board in the first inning with a RBI triple to center that plated Abby Akright (Dunlap, Ill./Dunlap).
- The Stars answered with a two-out, two-RBI single in the second to take the lead, and added their last three runs in the third on a solo home run and single.
- Davis struck again for the Warriors in the sixth with a two-out, two-RBI double to the left field gap that scored Akright and Kaitlyn Robison (Andalusia, Ill./Rockridge).
- Akright went 2-for-2 for WLC, while Davis added two hits and three RBI. Both teams had five hits in the opener, but the Warriors committed six errors in the loss.
- Abby Mahsem (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) suffered the loss in the circle, giving up five hits and four earned runs.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Dominican struck first in the second inning of game two, scoring four runs on three hits, highlighted by a bases-clearing double.
- DU added another run in the fourth and sixth on a RBI single and triple for the 6-0 lead over the Warriors.
- Karah Ritacco (Chicago, Ill./Trinity) and Davis recorded the only hits for the Warriors. Taylor Bjork (Horicon, Wis./Horicon) suffered the loss for WLC, giving up nine hits but just one earned run.
FOR THE FOES
- Jacadi Rivera went 2-for-3 with two runs scored for the Stars in game one. Cat Klostermann gave up just one run on two hits in 5.0 innings to earn her seventh win of the season in the circle.
- Abby Maike was one of two Stars' players with two hits in the nightcap. She also drove in four of her teams' six runs. Klostermann earned the win again in game two, pitching another 5.0 innings and allowing two hits and no runs.
- The Warriors have a short turnaround as they play their final two non-conference road games of the season tomorrow at UW-Platteville (7-21). First pitch is scheduled for 3:00 p.m. at the Pioneer Softball Complex. Live stats links will be available for both games at WLCSports.com.