RACINE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's golf team completed its fall season at the 2017 NACC Championship, registering a 5th place finish. Senior Ellyn Mortell (Troy, Ohio) finished fifth place overall, earning NACC All-Conference honors with a +54 finish.
- Tournament: 2017 NACC Championship
- Location: Meadowbrook Country Club, Racine, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 71, 5,829 Yards
- WLC Team: 5th of 8 (+464)
- Top WLC Individual: Ellyn Mortell (+54), 5th of 37
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Mortell lowered her score by one stroke each day, firing rounds of 90, 89 and 88.
- Mortell's fifth place finish was her fourth top-five finish of the year and her 22nd top-five finish of her illustrious career.
- Brianna LeFebre (Oconto Falls, Wis.) shot a 112 on the first day of competition, but lowered her second day score to a 104, her second lowest round of the fall season. She finished the competition with a 109, earning her 22nd place.
- Sydney Osborn (Pardeeville, Wis.) finished with a 354 (128-113-113) for the tournament.
- Osborn's second and third round score of 113 was good for her lowest round of the season.
- Caroline Kuether (Crete, Ill.) carded rounds of 127, 135 and 118.
- Kuether's final round score of 118 was her second lowest round of the season.
- Alyssa Leitzke (Jackson, Wis.) registered rounds of 135 and 125. She did not compete in the final round of play.
- Concordia Wisconsin used a tournament-low final round of 351 to earn first place overall in the tournament. They trailed Aurora by eight strokes heading into the final round, but fired a +4-overall round as a team to complete the comeback.
- Leah Wilde of Concordia Wisconsin earned medalist honors with total score of 257 (+44). Her teammate Maddy Zastrow followed closely behind with a 258 (+45), good for second place.