MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell by a final score of 6-1 to the Augustana Vikings on Saturday afternoon at Warriors Soccer Field. The Vikings out-shot the Warriors 35-4. WLC held the visitors to just two goals in the first half, but the Vikings erupted for four second-half goals.
- Final Score: Augustana (Ill.) 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-1-0), Augustana (2-0-0)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Grace Sigler opened the scoring for the Vikings in the 32' when she took a cross from Jenna Dvorak and beat the keeper.
- Karleen Gomez found the back of the net for Augie in the 45' and the 86' minute.
- Calli Tomko (Lisle, Ill.) scored her first collegiate goal in the 88' when she received a pass from Gabriella Metten (Greenville, Wis.) in the box and beat the keeper to the right side.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors registered four total shots, with one on goal.
- Lexi Caira (Pewaukee, Wis.), Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis.), Tomko, and Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) all recorded shots for WLC.
- Emily Miles (Round Lake, Ill.) made her debut in goal, registering seven saves in the second half.
- The Warriors earned three corner kicks, while Augustana tallied two.
FOR THE FOES
- Anna Fank led the way for the Vikings with 10 shots and three shots on goal.
- Joining Sigler and Gomez in the scoring column were Brandi Minogue, Cora Jacobsen, and Fank.
- Four different Vikings recorded assists in the contest.
- The Warriors travel to De Pere to face St. Norbert (1-0-0) Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. in a non-conference matchup. SNC defeated Edgewood Friday night, 1-0. Watch the contest live on WLCSports.com.