DE PERE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team suffered an 8-2 setback at the hands of St. Norbert Wednesday night in non-conference action. The Warriors struck first when Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis.) took a pass from Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) and scored at the 1:37 mark. The Green Knights scored four straight goals before halftime and never looked back in the second half.
- Final Score: St. Norbert 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-2-0), St. Norbert (2-1-0)
- Location: Schneider Stadium, De Pere, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hirsch set the tone early for the Warriors with a goal in the 2' after her shot trickled into the open net.
- The Green Knights answered with four straight goals before halftime, until WLC's Gabriella Metten (Greenville, Wis.) scored her first goal of the season off a penalty kick to make the score 4-2 at halftime.
- SNC used four second-half goals to increase its lead and collect the win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors totaled six shots, with four coming on goal.
- Hirsch and Metten scored their first goals of the season, with Schumacher tallying her first assist.
- Metten led the Warriors with two shots, both on target.
- Emily Miles (Round Lake, Ill.) made six saves in the second half for Wisconsin Lutheran.
FOR THE FOES
- Ellie Lochner and Madalyn Sanderfoot each scored twice for the Green Knights.
- St. Norbert totaled 32 shots, with 16 shots on goal.
- Tori Renfus recorded two assists in the contest.
- The Warriors travel to Mankato, Minnesota for the weekend where they will face host Bethany Lutheran (0-1-0) Saturday afternoon and Minnesota-Morris (1-1-0) Sunday. Both matches will kick-off at 2:00 p.m. Live stats and video will be available for Saturday's contest at WLCSports.com.