RIVER FOREST, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team dropped its fifth straight NACC contest Monday afternoon at Concordia Stadium, as it fell in a closely-contested match 1-0 to Concordia Chicago.
- Final Score: Concordia Chicago 1, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-11-0, 2-5-0 NACC), Concordia Chicago (5-8-2, 4-3-0 NACC)
- Location: Concordia Stadium, River Forest, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Neither team could find an advantage in the first half, with Concordia Chicago out-shooting the Warriors 8-1.
- The Cougars threatened twice in the final five minutes of the opening half, but Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis.) saved both shots.
- Cecilia Kochanek broke the tie in the 67' minute when she took a cross in the box and lobbed it over Krause.
- Calli Tomko (Lisle, Ill.) had a shot on target in the 83' minute, but it was saved by the CUC keeper, ending the chance of a Warriors comeback.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors registered six shots in the contest, with three coming on goal.
- Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis.) recorded two shots, both coming on goal.
- Tomko added the only other shot on goal for WLC.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis.) and Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) each added a shot.
- Krause tied a season-high with 11 saves for the Warriors.
FOR THE FOES
- The Cougars racked up 14 shots, with 12 shots on goal in the contest.
- Sarah Lacost led the attack with seven shots, including five on goal.
- Kochanek had two shots on goal, including the lone goal of the match.
- Six different CUC players tallied shots on goal.
- Maddie Kroll earned the win, making two saves in 45 minutes of action.
- The Warriors return home to host Marian (5-8-0, 2-4-0 NACC) Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. The Sabres have dropped three straight and host Rockford tonight in non-conference action. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.